Rocky Road Ice Cream Cupcakes
Recipe by: Gwen at http://findingsanityinourcrazylife.com/rocky-road-ice-cream-cupcakes/
- 1 box of cupcake mix and ingredients
- 1 packet of The Curious Creamery German Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 cups milk
- 2 cups mini marshamallows, divided
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped and divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 13 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Prepare cupcakes according to package directions and let cool.
2. Prepare The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mix according to package directions. (This step requires the heavy cream, sugar and milk.) ***
3. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup mini marshmallows and 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts into the ice cream mix.Set the remaining chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and hazelnuts aside for garnish.
4. Place the prepared ice cream in the freezer for 2 hours.
5. Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a knife or spoon to create a well in the center of the cupcakes.
6. Remove the ice cream from the freezer (after 2 hours) and fill in the centers of the cupcakes.
7. Return any unused ice cream back to the freezer for 4-5 hours to freeze completely and then eat & enjoy!
8. Place cupcakes on a baking sheet or platter and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours until the ice cream is frozen.
9. Combine the powdered sugar, butter, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla and beat with a mixer until completely combined. Let it mix for a few minutes to create a light and fluffy marshmallow buttercream icing.
10. Remove the frozen cupcakes and top with frosting and remaining chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and hazelnuts.
11. Serve immediately or return to freezer until time to serve.